Wednesday 5 November 2008

Remember, remember, the 5th of November...

...Gunpowder, treason and plot.

Indeed it is a day I will remember. I have now been sitting watching the BBC special news programme for the US08 elections for almost 4 hours! For some reason, over recent months I have been glued to the TV and the net following the build up to the election and now here it is, finally!

Not only do I have it on the TV, but I've also got the websites of FOX news, NBC and The BBC open, just to make sure I have the latest result. I'm hoping that when it hits that fateful 270 electoral seats for Obama that I'll be able to tear myself away, but only time can tell...

I've supported Obama from the beginning and I'm dearly hoping that he will win, but it does seem inevitable right now. I think he's a breath of fresh air not only to politics and America but to the world! Some people will no doubt disagree but I think that regardless of how young or inexperienced many have said he is, I think that maybe a new perspective is exactly what the world needs so bad.

Being form the UK I can't vote in this election but I have been willing all Americans to make the right choice for months! No doubt I shall be blogging about the result.

Anyway, aside from politics, it's a little late to go deep into that now (3:20am). I've spent most of the day today out in the woods near me, hunting for dead branches and logs. No, I am not going insane, we're having a bonfire tomorrow for Guy Fawkes night. Small gathering and a few friends, should be fun. The drink will be flowing and the fire burning...let's hope it all goes well!

No comments: